Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Atonement of Jesus Christ

I know that the Atonement of Jesus Christ is real. I have felt its influence for myself. I wish that everyone could feel it the way I have. I know that Jesus Christ payed the ultimate price for my sins. And I am eternally grateful for that. I couldn't do what I do without it. But the focus of my post today is more on how it can help today. Right now. First I want to refer a scripture:
Alma 7:11-12
11 And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.
12 And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; And he will take upon him their infirmities that his bowels my be fulled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according the the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.

That scripture is why I'm still on a mission. I had no problems being away  from my family. I went off to college, no big deal. I was by myself and if anything came up I could just call home and get the help I needed. When I went on my mission, my parents dropped me off and I looked around and saw all kinds of missionaries crying as they said bye to their parents. My mom started tearing up and I said bye to her and dad but it really wasn't hard. Then I was off. I was on a mission. I met my very first companion. He was a great elder. I love the elder now. But at the time I thought he hated me. Him and every other missionary I was serving with. I felt very much alone for the first time in my life. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't just call mom or dad. I felt very alone. I didn't know what to do. I found the above mentioned scripture and thought a lot about it. Finally after about 5 days of this, I had it. I needed some help. I was at wits end. I decided to pray for comfort. Something I was taught to do but had never actually done. I got down on my knees and for the first time in my life I actually felt a warm comforting feeling that I could notice come over my. It was amazing. the best feeling i have ever felt. I knew at that moment that Heavenly Father had my back. that I was doing the right thing and that I was not alone. I knew that He would be there for me. I have never doubted the power of the Atonement of Christ since. I know that He will help anyone if they are humble enough to ask.


Check out this video about the Atonement of Christ:
http://old.mormon.org/mormonorg/eng/videos?channelId=ad1fcf6cdfeac110VgnVCM1000003a94610aRCRD&sourceId=04f3a899d5e92210VgnVCM100000176f620a____

No comments:

Post a Comment